Back at it again you mad "stupid" genius. Loving this a lot. I can see the potential for arcade games. Plus a quick use for game jams hehehe.
[^ Use buttons above to change resolution. ^]
A gnarly Lo-Fi sound generator for the LTRO-1 Fictional Console.
Made in a few days for the very first LOSPEC JAM 1.
- ???? - Generates a random, glitchy noise. ($%&@#!)
- Boom - Generates an explosion. (KABOOM)
- Jump - Generates a jump sound. (BOOINK)
- OSC - The main waveform the sound will be based on.
- Quant. - Quantizes the sound pitch to a chromatic scale.
- Filt. - Enables/Disables the lowpass filter.
- P.Start - The sound's start pitch.
- P.End - The sound's end pitch.
- P.Lfo A - The pitch lfo amount.
- P.Lfo S - The pitch lfo speed.
- C.Start - The sound's start crush.
- C.End - The sound's end crush.
- V.Att. - The volume envelope's attack.
- V.Sus. - The volume envelope's sustain.
- V.Dec. - The volume envelope's decay.
- F.Att. - The filter envelope's attack.
- F.Sus. - The filter envelope's sustain.
- F.Dec. - The filter envelope's decay.
Less important stuff
Although the Television Interface Adapter sound chip is awesome, I found it to be a bit too limiting for this project. For this reason I instead used 8-Bit audio at a nice and chunky bitrate as a default instead. If you still want that traditional TIA sound you can set the bit depth to 1-Bit.
WARNING: The web version may not work locally. Please play it on this page or play the Windows version.
You can find the source code for the SfxO-1 here.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- SfxO-1 Open source!Jul 23, 2021
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
You're far too flattering! Genius is an absolute overstatement but I do definitely hope it'll turn out useful in some of ya projects!
this is awesome! and probably very useful for other participants!